- Using a small food processor, blend together the walnuts, basil, oil and garlic until a chunky paste forms
- Carefully butterfly each chicken breast (make a slit through the meat then fold it open like a book). Cover with cling wrap and beat with a heavy object until the breast is somewhat flattened
- Put a tablespoon of pesto in each breast, lining it along the ‘seam’ and then rolling over the top part like a flap Make sure the chicken seals over the pesto and there’s none poking out
- Season the chicken well, sprinkle over the oregano, basil or rosemary and bake in an oven at 175°C for 30-35 minutes
- Serve immediately
- To keep the chicken tender cover with aluminium foil for the first 25 minutes of cooking and then remove to brown for the remaining time
- You can also season the top of the chicken with oregano, basil or rosemary before cooking
Comment Form is loading comments...