- Preheat oven to 180 °C
- Cut pumpkin in half. Place cut side down on a lightly oiled baking tray and roast for 45 minutes or until soft
- Scoop out seeds and discard. Scrape out the flesh and discard the skin
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion and carrots and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened
- Add pumpkin, stock, water and spices and bring to the boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
- Cool slightly then blend soup either using a hand mixture or in the blender in batches
- To serve add some homemade pesto on top of the soup for a perfect flavour match
Comment Form is loading comments...