Veggie Bread Loaf
1 1/2 cup almond meal
3/4 cups arrowroot or tapioca flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 large zucchini, grated
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Makes 1 loaf
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a metal loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs lightly with the apple cider vinegar.
- Then add the almond meal, arrowroot or tapioca, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Squeeze as much excess liquid out of the zucchini and carrot and add to the egg mixture together with the cheese.
- Mix well to combine and place the mixture into the loaf tin. Optional - sprinkle the top with extra parmesan cheese, oregano, sesame seeds or pepita seeds.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the top starts turning golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing into 1.5cm thick slices.
- This loaf will not rise like traditional loaves. This bread is quite dense so depending on your oven it may require longer cooking time
- We prefer to toast each slice of veggie bread before eating
- To freeze this loaf cut into slices and freeze with a piece of baking paper between each slice
Buy Ingredients Here
Comment Form is loading comments...